it’s 6.17a as i begin writing and the house is quiet, except for the lonely cry of one baby. everyone else is calm, peaceful, warm, safe, and at rest. (deb’s with the crying baby so maybe she’s not completely at rest – but you get the picture.)
we ate a great meals all day yesterday, and the day before, and the day before, etc. and today we’ll eat well again … and tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after, etc.
my children are clothed and lack nothing.
my wife is beautiful, looks great in her clothes. she’s a devoted and loving mother to our children. she loves me and takes care of me. she goes out of her way to give things her personal creative touch. she’s the other half of our “family brain”. in other words, she remembers to think of things that i never would; like bringing water bottles and cereal for snacks in the van on vacation. and most of all, she loves me.
we’ve paid for everything on this vacation in cash. cash that we’d saved up for specifically for a family vacation. it’s nice to think that when we go back home we won’t have the credit card bill of the fun things we did following us home.
i may not have all the luxuries of life, i guess i do have a Macbook Pro now, so that counts as a luxury. i don’t drive a car that has less than 100K miles on it, but they both run great and are “new-to-us” (oh yeah, and they’re both paid off). i don’t have servants waiting for me to mention my every whim, but i have kids and a wife love to spoil the only “man of the house”. i don’t have a legion of armies fighting for my behalf, but i have the God of the universe on my side.
yes, i live like a king. i live in the blessings of God. i live in a house of love.
// today i’m thankful for:
1. my uncle rey’s hospitality
2. debbie woolsey’s hospitality
3. my MBP not being stolen when i accidently left the sliding door of the van wide open with my computer bag in plain site while we went to the “family fun center” in tuckwilla, and we didn’t realize it until about an hour or more later when julia had an accident, and she and deb went to Target to buy her some new clothes.
4. the great carne asada we had for dinner last night
5. having a home to go back to after a vacation